It is like an unspoken “no-no” to mention anything you might not like about Hawaii to a non-islander. People will shoot you a devastatingly angry look about “how could you POSSIBLY complain???? You live in PARADISE!!!”
Truth: this place is awesome. I do love it here.
Yup. There’s a little but.
I miss Autumn. Growing up on the east coast, I love the changing of the seasons. You always miss what you don’t have…and autumn has always officially been my favorite time of year. I just adore it. So, today I’m lamenting about it and looking forward to having it back one day. Or perhaps I’m already dreaming of a trip back to mainland next year to enjoy it and then fly back to paradise:) Plus, Baby Ev in little jackets and rolling in leaves? Ugh, so cute! Enough rambling, let me just air them out:
8 Things I Miss About Autumn
1. Misty, cold mornings. Those ones where you don’t want to get out of bed. Where it is so chilly that you just want to pull the blankets over your head and sleep till appropriate.
2. Football games. The ones where you arrive with blankets for the cold, hard bleachers and you see your breath pool out in a puffy white wisp by the end of the night.
3. Bonfires. Bundling around one all cozy-like to whisper a ghost story or roast marshmallows.
4. Ducking in off the cold street for a hot chocolate or coffee. It’s like I have free reign for more coffees when it is cold. That mug does double-duty as a hand-warmer!
5. The changing of the leaves. Gorgeous colors adorn the trees, blasting your senses with the vibrancy of mother nature’s closet.
6. Going out of my way to hit the “crunchy” leaves while I’m walking. So satisfying to hear that crinkle under foot.
7. The autumn wardrobe. Leggings get busted out under dresses, hats, coats, scarves, BOOTS!
8. Feeling that with the change of the wind, winter is at the edge, the end of the year is coming and all new dreams are starting.
Autumn, you are missed by this girl.