September is HERE, and dare I say, already in full swing? Today Baby Swo and I are officially at 20 weeks. That’s halfway through this pregnancy! I find that a bit crazy, and a bit like time is speeding up fast. Pictures soon;) As for August, I think I accomplished everything on my list, but let’s check it out:
AUGUST 2014 Goal Recap, The WORK:
1. Go through ALL of my clothing: Done! My closet is sparkling clean, and ready for more maternity clothing!
2. Wash quilting fabric, order cutting mats: DONE! And Jen and I cut out ALL the pieces. Assembly is all that is left.
3. Go through office books, label and move: DONE! With help from Auntie Linda, the office is coming together.
4. Go through bathroom, keep only current products, label: DONE! Except for labels.
5. Go through hall closets, try to free up a shelf (or two!): DONE! Free shelves are more abundant than ever.
6. Go through all of my kitchen towels, cookware: I am CLOSE. Drawers left.
7. Get and STAY a week ahead in class planning: Done, and loving this effort. I want to keep this up through my last month of teaching, it makes it more enjoyable and less stressful on this soon to be mama.
8. Schedule appointments: Skin, Dental, Eyes: DONE> Scheduled and I WENT to ALL of them!
*Be open to making a creative solutions materials trip: Still want to do this in September, I have some interesting ideas for the office.
1. Queen Emma Summer Home: Yes! With Auntie Linda
2. Unplanned Adventure: Yes! With Maica to the Art After Dark that turned into Kareoke blast, to the sand bar with Yvonne.
3. Begin Blog Course 1: Yes! I want to get further in the course though.
4. Begin AFAA extra online course: Purchased, not done.
5. Singa scrappin’: DONE
6. Return to YOGA: YUP! And it feels so good.
7. Prep Wendy/Brad Korea pix: Prepped and scrapped! Already completed;)
8. Plan out blog (ongoing): Yes, and it is setting the tone for the months ahead.
9. Linda will be HERE! Enjoy and share island!: Linda and I had a lovely time.
I’m telling you, August was a banner month for getting things DONE. I loved the quote from last month, it was all focused on working in an extraordinary manner. I feel like I did that. I focused, pushed, and feel pleased with the results. This month I want to do more of the same. Here’s what is centering me in the upcoming 28 days:
September needs to be a creative month. I always find the return of heavy creating/choreographing refreshing, fun, and DAUNTING. I can not be afraid to fail. There is no TRY, there is just DO.
The sooner I get going on the many steps needed to develop my young dancers, the better. I also am sensing the crunch of Christmas around the corner, gifts to be made, a husband returning (yayyayayayyay), and all the personal projects I want to complete. September, I’m going to get SAVVY in how I handle you.
Savvy September Goals
1. Music CUTS for Dance Solos
2. Choreography: Get 2 minutes into all pieces
3. Stay AHEAD on Zumba and Dance class Lesson Plans
4. AFAA Course
5. Upstairs office closet, ORGANIZE, add shelving. Price printers.
6. Baby Swo Registry, pick out, figure out how to send out (remember Groupon)
7. Complete Kitchen sort/label
8. Type/Print Kitchen Labels (consider label project for Ry extras)
9. Update BUDGET
1. Mama Wendy is COMING! Enjoy island and baby projects!
2. Get a good start (or finish?!) cool cabinet with Miranda
3. 4 new recipes
4. Finish Korea & Cambodia Scrapbook, order new book once complete
5. Cut/edit 1/2 of Euro photos
6. Read and Attend Book Club
7. Sew 1/2 of my triangles for my quilt
8. Continue Christmas Shopping, set list, how are we sending?
9. Get a HAIRCUT. Seriously.
10. Keep up with BLOG.
I’m a goal-getting girl. Can I do it? I don’t see why not! It’s all about not being afraid to fail. It is also about time utilization, and just going after it. The next few months are my last few of being just me, I want to enjoy and maximize them!
Happy September! What are you planning for the month ahead?